What the heck is a virtual workshop? It is a flexible way to gain valuable information about Women’s Health & Fitness without having to leave your house.
Join Dr. Megan Rome, Physical Therapist & myself Pregnancy & Postpartum Athleticism Coach on Saturday, March 9th at 10am from your phone or computer for a virtual workshop.
Dr. Rome will start things off by discussing what the pelvic floor is and the muscles associated with the pelvic floor. From there, she’ll talk about some of the common symptoms you may be experiencing and is not limited to pregnant & postpartum moms. Women who have never had babies & even men can experience the below:
· Diastasis Recti
Next, I’ll take you through ways to help manage, monitor, & resolve symptoms through movement. You won’t be sitting the whole time; we’ll be getting up & moving! A few things I will teach you are:
· How to engage the pelvic floor & core
· Postural awareness
· Breathing techniques
· How to connect the dots with functional movements
The software is user friendly & no logins are required. Once you have purchased the workshop, you will receive a link on March 8th to join. Simply click the link on March 9th at 10am & you’re in! You have the option to be seen or stay behind the scenes. There will be a comment box to ask questions throughout the virtual workshop and we will also save time at the end for additional Q & A. Now until February 24th you can save $5 when you sign-up. Use promo code: SALE at check out.
Still unsure if this is for you? Below are a few questions I’ve been asked that may help you decide.
1. Do you have to be a mom or someone who is experiencing the above symptoms to sign-up for the virtual workshop? No, you do not have to be a mom or be experiencing the symptoms above. Women who have never had babies and men can join in.
2. I’m a fitness instructor and I train pregnant & postpartum women. Can I join? Yes, you can join. This virtual workshop will provide a general guide of where to start and symptoms to look for. After the workshop, I highly suggest investing in your coaching and gain more education on pregnant and postpartum athletes. Brianna Battles has a great course for coaches- Become a Pregnancy & Postpartum Athleticism Coach .
3. I’m not good with technology. Is the software user friendly? Yes, the software we’ll be using is Zoom. No logins required. You will be sent a link on March 8th, simply click the link on March 9th at 10am and you’re all set. There is a demo video below on how to navigate Zoom.
4. I don’t want to be seen. Can I turn off my video screen? No, problem. There is an option to turn your video screen off.
5. I don’t exercise, but I’m having problems with some of the symptoms above. Can I still join? Yes, 100%! You do not have to be someone who works out regularly to join in.
Still unsure? Please reach out and I can answer any additional questions you may have. We hope to see you there!